The 89th Caboolture Show is now over for another year!
Weather was against us this year, but we continued on with the show! We would like to thank the Showmen’s Guild of Australasia for helping us put together a Sunday night program at very short notice, a big thank you to Aussie FMX, you really went above and beyond for us, all the stallholders who stayed and stuck it out, our amazing volunteers who worked tirelessly as there really wasn’t many of you and also a big thank you to all of the Show Society staff and Management who would not give up on this years show and lastly the 5500+ people who came out today to support us all…
THANK YOU EVERYONE!
Follow us on Facebook and find some great show photos
and be informed about upcoming events!
The ring night program is headed by The Isuzu D-Max Precision Driving Team backed up by appearances from the ever popular dare devil Chariot Races, mini trotters and a first class fireworks show on both Friday and Saturday nights.
Around the grounds there will be roving entertainers throughout the day and for the first time this year a brand new kids area with an animal farm, kids entertainment and a host of fun activities for the younger members of the family.
There will of course be the traditional attractions of Sideshow Alley, Food and Drinks galore as well as things to see and do such as the dog show, cattle and goat judging and one of the most impressive fish exhibits at any local show. Our fish section attracts exhibitors from as far away as Japan and the US. The Caboolture Show is proud to have a honey exhibit the equal of any Queensland show attracting more entries in recent years than the RNA.
In the ring you will find a top quality show jumping program with some of Australia’s best jumpers in attendance on some of the word’s best horses as well as judging in many classes of horses and ponies. Don’t forget to take a stroll down the south end of the grounds and watch the chips fly as the competitors take to the blocks in the wood chop arena.
Saturday and Sunday will see the cowboys and cowgirls of the National Rodeo Association take over the Gamgee Arena as they compete in all rodeo disciplines from bull riding to calf roping. Saturday also sees the junior competition take to the sand. Remember the rodeo is free with your show entry!
ALL DAY ALL WEEKEND
• Little Animal House Petting Zoo • Aussie Gold Miner Gold Panning
• Anglicare Southern Qld Free activities for children and parents rest spot.
• Reptile Awareness Displays of Australia
FRIDAY 3RD JUNE Mr Wallace Puppet Man – 10:30am, 12:30, 3:30pm Jamie & Agro Storytime – 11:00am Big Top Circus Acts – 2:30, 4:30pm
SATURDAY 4TH JUNE Big Top Circus Acts – 11:00am, 4:00pm Mr Wallace Puppet Man – 11:30am, 12:30, 1:30, 3:30pm Jamie & Agro Storytime – 12:00pm
SUNDAY 5TH JUNE Big Top Circus Acts – 10:00am Jamie, Agro and Ranger Stacey Storytime – 10:30am Kids Guinea Pig Competition – 11:00am Mr Wallace Puppet Man – 11:30am to 3:00pm Kids Bike Competition – 12:00pm
SATURDAY 4TH JUNE
10:00am – Junior Rodeo starts
10–6pm – Jamie Dunn and Agro
1-4pm – Fiesta Tropicale
2:30pm – Grand Parade
5:00pm – Trot Race Heats
5:00pm – Senior Rodeo starts
5:30pm – Jamie, Agro & Ranger Stacey in the Isuzu Dmax Precision Utes
6:00pm – Mini Trot
6:10pm – Chariot Race
6:20pm – Mini Trot
6:30pm – Trot Race Final
6:45pm – Mini Trot
7:00pm – Chariot Race
7:10pm – $500 Draw
7:20pm – Isuzu Precision Utes
7:40pm – Fireworks
FRIDAY 3RD JUNE
10–6pm – Jamie Dunn and Agro
2–5pm – Fiesta Tropicale
4:00pm – Main Arena
4:00pm – Meet & Greet Characters
5:30pm – Jamie & Agro in the Isuzu Dmax Precision Utes
6:00pm – Chariot Race
6:15pm – Motor Bike Jump
6:45pm – Chariot Race
7:00pm – Opening & $500 Draw
7:10pm – Motor Bike Jump Aussie FMX Freestyle Motocross
7:35pm – Fireworks
7:50pm – Isuzu Precision Utes
1. Entrants must be unmarried, aged from 18 to 28 years inclusive as at 1st August in the year of the competition. The Awards are open to girls born in Australia or naturalised Australians.
2. The ultimate winner must remain unmarried until the conclusion of the Royal Queensland Show. Entrants must not have been married or have had or having a child prior to State Final Judging.
3. An entrant must have been selected as a current representative of the Miss Showgirl Awards conducted by an affiliated Society to be eligible to compete in Sub-Chamber and State Final Judging. In the event of the local representative being unable to attend sub-chamber judging and a runner-up had been selected then she may do so. Previous State Winners and State Runners-Up in the Miss Showgirl Awards are not eligible to enter again. Local and Sub-Chamber Winners and Runners-Up may enter again providing they are not State Winners.
4. Prospective entrants who are employed or are still in full-time studies are advised to ascertain in advance that they are able to obtain leave of absence to attend Sub-Chamber and State Final judging if necessary. The State finalists will be required to be in Brisbane the day prior to and the first three (3) days of the Royal Queensland Show. The ultimate Miss Showgirl winner must remain in Brisbane to perform official duties up till and including the ‘People’s Day’ holiday of the Royal Queensland Show.
5. State Finalists must participate as a group in the entire itinerary; otherwise they must withdraw from the contest.
6. Should an entrant enter and win a prize or title and does not abide by the above conditions, she will not be eligible for further participation in the Miss Showgirl Awards and will automatically forfeit all prizes and title associated with the Miss Showgirl Awards.
7. Entrants must accept that any behaviour that will bring disrepute to the Miss Showgirl Awards and is deemed inappropriate by the Showgirl Committee, prior to or during the State Finals, may forfeit their right to participate.
Entrant must be available: Caboolture Show weekend, Friday night for VIP Supper & Show Opening, Saturday to give out ribbons (Cattle, Fruit & Veg, Grand Parade and any other areas required), Judge Best Exhibitor at the Show, Sunday attend Grand Parade and look after the Princess Teen and Tiny Tots. Also if the committee wants to fundraise, entrants are to be available to help.
We look for Good Personality, Interests and Skills, Community Involvement, Knowledge of Local Area and Promotion of the Caboolture Show Society. This is not a beauty contest.
Caboolture Show features classes for beef and dairy cattle, goats, horses, poultry/birds & fish plus a dog show and more. You may be interested in entering the competition in the many classes for cooking, arts, photography, horticulture, honey, hobbies, schoolwork and many others you can find in the schedule.
All exhibitor and competitor enquiries should be directed to the office on 07 5495 2030.